To provide oversight of the Investment Association’s (the “IA”) activities in relation to its sector classification scheme which aims to help consumers and their advisors find groups of similar funds and compare them where appropriate. In particular:
1. To identify sets of similar funds unrepresented in the sector framework that investors may legitimately wish to group.
2. To define new sectors whilst ensuring existing sector definitions remain relevant.
3. To monitor funds to ensure compliance with sector rules.
4. To collaborate with other Association committees and to appoint working groups where deemed to be beneficial.
5. To include representation from member firms and the major fund data providers.
6. To keep abreast of developments in other relevant sector schemes.