The Investment Association is the trade body that represents UK investment managers.
Our 200 members collectively manage over £5.7 trillion on behalf of clients in the UK and around the world.
Promoting our members
- We promote UK investment management, which is the largest industry of its kind in Europe and the second largest in the world.
- The industry is a significant exporter for Britain, representing over 6% of total net exports over the past ten years, and it employs roughly 35,000 people.
Supporting our members
- We support our member firms, which are governed by laws and regulations in the UK, Europe and internationally.
- The IA produces daily circulars on legal and regulatory developments and creates guidance enabling UK investment managers to build effective business structures.
- We engage actively with policymakers and other stakeholders in the UK and around the world to ensure that our industry remains among the world’s most competitive.
- We shape the investment landscape to ensure that our members are able to deliver the best outcomes for their clients.
- This includes spearheading initiatives to ensure best practice in our industry, and engaging in the public debate surrounding our industry and its growing importance amid the rising Age of Asset Management.
- The IA responds to dozens of consultations each year on behalf of its members, on issues ranging from the tax environment to the structure of investment funds.